Assistance with Federal Agencies

My office can help you understand your rights and responsibilities relative to various federal programs and help you work through a problem you may have with a federal agency. Whether it's the IRS, Social Security Administration, or any other federal agency, my office can help cut the red tape.

To request help, please begin by printing out and signing the Privacy Release Form, which can be found by clicking here. Then, mail it along with a brief letter explaining your situation.  Any additional information or documentation that may help me and my staff assist you should be sent along with the Privacy Release Form and letter. If you have any documents that you would like me and my staff to review regarding your situation, please send copies of those documents, rather than originals. 

Mail a packet with your materials (including the signed form and letter) to the following address:

Congressman Jim Costa
Attention: Director of Constituent Services
855 M Street, Suite 940
Fresno, CA 93721
Phone (559) 495-1620
Fax: (559) 495-1027

If you have any questions at all, please call my Fresno office at (559) 495-1620.