COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have provided various resources regarding the COVID-19 vaccine distribution process in the state of California.
Our federal, state and local government will continue to work closely with Public Health officials to secure and distribute the vaccine in a timely manner, please review the following information for your refernce.
Benefits of getting the vaccine
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued an Emergency Use Authorizations (EUA) for two COVID-19 vaccines, including Pfizer and Moderna. More vaccines may be approved throughout this year. Learn more about the FDA's Emergency Use Authorization for Vaccines and watch this video to learn what an EUA is.
The COVID-19 vaccine is meant to prevent you from getting COVID-19 and from spreading it to others. The ability of COVID-19 vaccines to protect us from spreading the virus to others is not yet known, but is being studied carefully. Read more at CDC's Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 vaccine.
Fresno County is currently in Phase 1B: Tier 1 of the vaccine distrbution process. Please visit their website, for the latest information and updates
Click here to view the order of the distrbution process in Fresno County.
Madera County is currently in Phase 1B: Tier 1 of the vaccine distrbution process. Please visit their website, for the latest information and updates
Sign up to recieve COVID-19 Vaccine text alerts, text "MADERAVAX" to 888777 on your cellphone.
Click here to view the order of the distrbution process in Madera County.
Click here to view the order of the distrbution process in Merced County.
How to help
- Volunteer form for Fresno County to help with vaccine clinics - Open to the general public
- COVID-19 Californian For All Volunteers - Office of the Governor
- CDC Vaccines
- CDC COVID-19 vaccination
- CDC Clinical Considerations for Use of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines
- CDC Information abut the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine
- CDC Information about the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
- CDPH Vaccine FAQ's
- CDPH COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- CDPH COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Allocated
- CDPH CA Data Use agreement and FAQ's
- CDPH CA Vaccination Program
- CDPH Healthcare workers FAQ's